This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse who works the night shift tells the nurse practitioner who is her primary caregiver I am ... (Read 28 times)

dalyningkenk

A nurse who works the night shift tells the nurse practitioner who is her primary caregiver I am
  exhausted most of the time. I sleep through my alarm and have to have a friend phone me to make
  sure I get up to go to work.

Sometimes while I am on duty, my brain does not seem to work right. I
  am beginning to be concerned that I might make a practice error.. What question will the nurse need
  to ask before problem solving?
  a. How much sleep to you get in a 24-hour period?
  b. Do you exercise just before going to bed?
  c. What stress are you experiencing in your life?
  d. Have you ever used a hypnotic to help you sleep?

Question 2

The optimal way for a nurse to begin an interview with an elderly client is

a. Hello, _______ call client by first name. I am going to be asking you a number
  of questions to get to know you better..
  b.  Hello. My name is _______. I am a nurse here. Please tell me how you would
  like to addressed by staff..
  c. I am going to be asking you a number of questions about yourself. I would like
  to call you by your first name if you do not mind..
  d. Hi. You look as though you are comfortable and ready to participate in an
  admission interview. Shall we get started?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tsternbergh47

Answer to Question 1

A
Total sleep hours need to be ascertained before giving advice to correct a sleep disorder. In this case
the client describes sleep deprivation symptoms rather than a sleep disorder. Option A is the only
option that addresses total sleep hours.

Answer to Question 2

B
This opening identifies the nurse's role and politely seeks direction for addressing the client in a way
that will make him or her comfortable. This is particularly important when a considerable age
difference exists between the nurse and the client. Option A: The nurse has assumed the client wants
to be called by a first name but has not introduced self. Option C: Again, the nurse seeks to use the
client's first name and fails to introduce self. Option D: The nurse fails to introduce self and does not
identify the client.

dalyningkenk

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library