This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse who works night shift says, I am exhausted most of the time. I sleep through my alarm. ... (Read 26 times)

mwit1967

A nurse who works night shift says, I am exhausted most of the time. I sleep through my alarm. Sometimes my brain does not seem to work right. I am worried that I might make a practice error..

Which question should the nursing supervisor ask first? a. What stress are you experiencing in your life?
  b. How much sleep do you get in a 24-hour period?
  c. Would it help if you do some exercises just before going to bed?
  d. Have you considered using a hypnotic medication to help you sleep?

Question 2

Children are at a greater risk for committing suicide if they have ____ problems.

1. family
  2. social
  3. mental health
  4. acute physical

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Melissahxx

Answer to Question 1

B
Total sleep hours should be ascertained before seeking to correct a sleep disorder. In this case, the patient describes sleep deprivation symptoms rather than a sleep disorder. The correct response is the only option that addresses total sleep hours.

Answer to Question 2

Children with existing mental health problems are at a greater risk for committing suicide than other children.

mwit1967

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library