This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse who works the night shift tells the nurse practitioner who is her primary caregiver I am ... (Read 29 times)

dalyningkenk

A nurse who works the night shift tells the nurse practitioner who is her primary caregiver I am
  exhausted most of the time. I sleep through my alarm and have to have a friend phone me to make
  sure I get up to go to work.

Sometimes while I am on duty, my brain does not seem to work right. I
  am beginning to be concerned that I might make a practice error.. What question will the nurse need
  to ask before problem solving?
  a. How much sleep to you get in a 24-hour period?
  b. Do you exercise just before going to bed?
  c. What stress are you experiencing in your life?
  d. Have you ever used a hypnotic to help you sleep?

Question 2

The optimal way for a nurse to begin an interview with an elderly client is

a. Hello, _______ call client by first name. I am going to be asking you a number
  of questions to get to know you better..
  b.  Hello. My name is _______. I am a nurse here. Please tell me how you would
  like to addressed by staff..
  c. I am going to be asking you a number of questions about yourself. I would like
  to call you by your first name if you do not mind..
  d. Hi. You look as though you are comfortable and ready to participate in an
  admission interview. Shall we get started?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tsternbergh47

Answer to Question 1

A
Total sleep hours need to be ascertained before giving advice to correct a sleep disorder. In this case
the client describes sleep deprivation symptoms rather than a sleep disorder. Option A is the only
option that addresses total sleep hours.

Answer to Question 2

B
This opening identifies the nurse's role and politely seeks direction for addressing the client in a way
that will make him or her comfortable. This is particularly important when a considerable age
difference exists between the nurse and the client. Option A: The nurse has assumed the client wants
to be called by a first name but has not introduced self. Option C: Again, the nurse seeks to use the
client's first name and fails to introduce self. Option D: The nurse fails to introduce self and does not
identify the client.

dalyningkenk

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library