This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The psychiatric forensic nurse describes her work as follows: I apply my knowledge of ... (Read 60 times)

chads108

The psychiatric forensic nurse describes her work as follows: I apply my knowledge of
  psychopathology as I investigate and reconstruct the crime and attempt to understand the criminal's
  reasoning process.

This allows me to compile information on the type of individual who would have
  committed the crime.. The work the nurse describes is
  a. forensic examiner.
  b. competency therapist.
  c. hostage negotiator.
  d. criminal profiler.

Question 2

The inpatient group is meeting in the solarium. The group is discussing aftercare. A client tells the
  group about the activities of a psychosocial club for former inpatients.

She explains the club's
  purpose, the referral process, and the club's location. In this interaction the client has taken the role
  of
  a. harmonizer.
  b. evaluator.
  c. information giver.
  d. procedural technician.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ghepp

Answer to Question 1

D
Criminal profilers attempt to provide law enforcement with specific information and the type of
individual who would have committed a certain crime. Profilers use behavioral and psychological
indicators left at violent crime scenes and apply their understanding of psychopathology, attempt to
reconstruct the crime, formulate hypotheses, and develop a profile, which is then tested against
known data. The other options refer to roles the psychiatric forensic nurse may fill, but none of these
roles fits the description given in the scenario.

Answer to Question 2

C
Group roles refer to the parts various members play within the group. The client was acting as an
information giver as she explained facts about a psychosocial club to the group as part of a
discussion of aftercare. Harmonizers mediate conflicts. Evaluators measure group work against a
standard. The procedural technician role is to assist by taking on tasks such as arranging chairs or
passing out papers.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library