This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The psychiatric forensic nurse describes her work as follows: I apply my knowledge of ... (Read 63 times)

chads108

The psychiatric forensic nurse describes her work as follows: I apply my knowledge of
  psychopathology as I investigate and reconstruct the crime and attempt to understand the criminal's
  reasoning process.

This allows me to compile information on the type of individual who would have
  committed the crime.. The work the nurse describes is
  a. forensic examiner.
  b. competency therapist.
  c. hostage negotiator.
  d. criminal profiler.

Question 2

The inpatient group is meeting in the solarium. The group is discussing aftercare. A client tells the
  group about the activities of a psychosocial club for former inpatients.

She explains the club's
  purpose, the referral process, and the club's location. In this interaction the client has taken the role
  of
  a. harmonizer.
  b. evaluator.
  c. information giver.
  d. procedural technician.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ghepp

Answer to Question 1

D
Criminal profilers attempt to provide law enforcement with specific information and the type of
individual who would have committed a certain crime. Profilers use behavioral and psychological
indicators left at violent crime scenes and apply their understanding of psychopathology, attempt to
reconstruct the crime, formulate hypotheses, and develop a profile, which is then tested against
known data. The other options refer to roles the psychiatric forensic nurse may fill, but none of these
roles fits the description given in the scenario.

Answer to Question 2

C
Group roles refer to the parts various members play within the group. The client was acting as an
information giver as she explained facts about a psychosocial club to the group as part of a
discussion of aftercare. Harmonizers mediate conflicts. Evaluators measure group work against a
standard. The procedural technician role is to assist by taking on tasks such as arranging chairs or
passing out papers.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library