This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has worked for several weeks to teach a client to use assertiveness techniques. The ... (Read 13 times)

laurencescou

The nurse has worked for several weeks to teach a client to use assertiveness techniques.
  The remark by the client that the nurse should evaluate as demonstrating assertiveness is

a. I think you're a real jerk..
  b. I wish I knew what the best course of action would be..
  c. I wish I believed I have the right to refuse overtime..
  d. When you shout at me, I feel embarrassed. Please lower your voice..

Question 2

A client who was widowed 18 months ago tells the nurse I have gotten to the point that I can
  remember the good times my wife and I shared without getting a lump in my throat.

Sometimes I
  even think about the disappointments, like not having children. I have gotten used to being without
  her by my side.. The nurse can make the evaluation that the work of mourning
  a. is beginning.
  b. is progressing abnormally.
  c. is at or near completion.
  d. has not begun.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

itsakadoozi

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This technique is confrontationally assertive. It points out a fact and asks for a change of behavior.
Option A is aggressive communication. Option B is passive/acquiescent. Option C: This statement
reflects doubt about personal rights, a block to assertiveness.

Answer to Question 2

C
The work of mourning has been successfully completed when the bereaved can remember both
positive and the negative memories about the deceased and when the task of restructuring the
relationship with the deceased is completed.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library