This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has worked for several weeks to teach a client to use assertiveness techniques. The ... (Read 14 times)

laurencescou

The nurse has worked for several weeks to teach a client to use assertiveness techniques.
  The remark by the client that the nurse should evaluate as demonstrating assertiveness is

a. I think you're a real jerk..
  b. I wish I knew what the best course of action would be..
  c. I wish I believed I have the right to refuse overtime..
  d. When you shout at me, I feel embarrassed. Please lower your voice..

Question 2

A client who was widowed 18 months ago tells the nurse I have gotten to the point that I can
  remember the good times my wife and I shared without getting a lump in my throat.

Sometimes I
  even think about the disappointments, like not having children. I have gotten used to being without
  her by my side.. The nurse can make the evaluation that the work of mourning
  a. is beginning.
  b. is progressing abnormally.
  c. is at or near completion.
  d. has not begun.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

itsakadoozi

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This technique is confrontationally assertive. It points out a fact and asks for a change of behavior.
Option A is aggressive communication. Option B is passive/acquiescent. Option C: This statement
reflects doubt about personal rights, a block to assertiveness.

Answer to Question 2

C
The work of mourning has been successfully completed when the bereaved can remember both
positive and the negative memories about the deceased and when the task of restructuring the
relationship with the deceased is completed.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library