This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As she talks with a deeply depressed client, the nurse notices that the client is unable to maintain ... (Read 27 times)

deesands

As she talks with a deeply depressed client, the nurse notices that the client is unable to maintain eye
  contact. The client drops her chin to her chest and looks down. The nurse has made an assessment of
  the client's

a. nonverbal communication.
  b. mental status.
  c. nursing diagnosis.
  d. social skill.

Question 2

The community mental health nurse calls on a highly suspicious psychiatric client, saying I'm a
  nurse from the mental health center. I'd like to come in and find out how you're doing..

The client
  refuses to allow the nurse access to her apartment, saying My neighbor talks to me every day. I
  don't know you. You could be from the IRS or the CIA. The less you know about me, the better..
  The best initial intervention for the nurse to take to try to gain access would be to
  a. ask the client's neighbor to go with her.
  b. have the police accompany her.
  c. deny a relationship with the IRS or CIA.
  d. mention the client will have to go to the hospital unless she sees the nurse.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nathang24

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Eye contact and body movements are considered nonverbal communication.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Having a person the client trusts intercede on the nurse's behalf may smooth the way for the nurse
and client to develop a trusting relationship. Option B: This measure would be a last resort. Option
C: This would be ineffective because of the client's high level of suspicion. Option D: This is a
threat that could be construed as an assault.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library