This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The remark by a client that would indicate passage into the working phase of the nurse-client ... (Read 89 times)

savannahhooper

The remark by a client that would indicate passage into the working phase of the nurse-client
  relationship is

a. I don't have any problems..
  b. It is so difficult for me to talk about problems..
  c. I don't know how talking about things twice a week can help..
  d. I think I would like to find a way to deal with my anger without blowing up..

Question 2

During scheduled sessions the client frequently asks the nurse for cigarettes and money, implying
  that he will be more willing to talk with the nurse if the requested items are forthcoming. The nurse
  should assess this behavior as

a. typical of transference reactions.
  b. indicative of feelings of insecurity.
  c. reflecting resistance to involvement.
  d. testing the nurse's clinical competence.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ladyjames123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Thinking about a more constructive approach to dealing with anger indicates a readiness to make a
behavioral change. Behavioral change is associated with the working phase of the relationship.
Option A: Denial is often seen in the orientation phase. Option B: This reaction is common early in
the relationship before rapport and trust are firmly established. Option C is more typically a reaction
during the orientation phase.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Clients often unconsciously use testing behaviors to determine whether the nurse is able to set limits
or will abandon them if they behave in an unlikable way.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library