This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which remark by a patient indicates passage from the orientation phase to the working phase of a ... (Read 41 times)

Tirant22

Which remark by a patient indicates passage from the orientation phase to the working phase of a nurse-patient relationship?

a. I don't have any problems.
  b. It is so difficult for me to talk about my problems.
  c. I don't know how talking about things twice a week can help.
  d. I want to find a way to deal with my anger without becoming violent.

Question 2

What is the desirable outcome for the orientation stage of a nurse-patient relationship? The patient will demonstrate behaviors that indicate:

a. great sense of independence.
  b. rapport and trust with the nurse.
  c. self-responsibility and autonomy.
  d. resolved transference.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Thinking about a more constructive approach to dealing with anger indicates a readiness to make a behavioral change. Behavioral change is associated with the working phase of the relationship. Denial is often seen in the orientation phase. It is common early in the relationship, before rapport and trust are firmly established, for a patient to express difficulty in talking about problems. Stating skepticism about the effectiveness of the nurse-patient relationship is more typically a reaction during the orientation phase.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The development of rapport and trust is necessary before the relationship can progress to the working phase. Behaviors indicating a greater sense of independence, self-responsibility, and resolved transference occur in the working phase.

Tirant22

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library