This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 16-year-old client asks the nurse conducting the assessment interview Why should I tell you ... (Read 20 times)

FButt

A 16-year-old client asks the nurse conducting the assessment interview Why should I tell you
  anything? You'll just run back and tell my mother whatever you find out.. The best reply for the
  nurse would be

a. That's not true. Whatever you tell me will be held in the strictest confidence..
  b. Your mother may find out what you say, but is that really such a bad thing?
  c. Anything you say about feelings is confidential, but things like suicidal thinking
  must be reported to the treatment team..
  d. It sounds as though you're not really ready to work on your problems and make
  changes..

Question 2

During the initial assessment interview the client becomes anxious and evasive when the nurse asks
  her if she has ever heard voices when no one else was around. The client asks, What do you need to
  know that for? The nurse should say

a. Please be honest about this, after repeating the question.
  b. Sometimes questions seem highly personal, but we have our reasons for asking
  each one..
  c. What purpose do you think we might have in asking about whether you hear
  voices?
  d. I can see this subject makes you uncomfortable. We can discuss it at another
  time..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jonathanballen97

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The client has a right to know that most information will be held in confidence but that certain
material must be reported or shared with the treatment team, such as threats of suicide, homicide, use
of illegal drugs, or issues of abuse. Option A is not strictly true. Option B will not inspire the
confidence of the client. Option D is confrontational.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The nurse should not try to pry information out of a client who is reluctant to give the information.
The nurse should note the client's reaction to the question and carefully observe for behavioral signs
that the client may be experiencing auditory hallucinations. Option A implies the client has been
dishonest. Option B treats the client in a demeaning fashion. Option C is game playing.

FButt

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library