Author Question: An adult patient recently diagnosed with cancer states, I've lived my life according to the Bible. I ... (Read 61 times)

saliriagwu

An adult patient recently diagnosed with cancer states, I've lived my life according to the Bible. I don't understand why God has forsaken me. Which nursing diagnosis applies?

a. Hopelessness
  b. Spiritual distress
  c. Spiritual dysfunction
  d. Disturbed thought processes

Question 2

A 16-year-old girl obtains her driver's license and begins to socialize independently with her friends. Her older sister has just left for college.

Her mother is moving from a part-time position to a full-time position, and her father is worried that he may be laid off because of the tight economy. These events illustrate: a. unpredictable structural changes.
  b. the family life cycle.
  c. enmeshment.
  d. multigenerational issues.

angrybirds13579

Answer to Question 1

D
The patient is experiencing distress rather than dysfunction related to spirituality.

Answer to Question 2

B
The family life cycle model looks at the family as having predictable developmental tasks to accomplish during specific phases of life. Examples include children becoming more independent or venturing out on their own and parents planning midcareer job changes.
The changes in the family noted here are predictable, do not involve inadequate or blurred boundaries, and are not transmitted across generations.