This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client receiving EMDR therapy says, After only two sessions of my therapy, I am feeling great. Now ... (Read 51 times)

abarnes

A client receiving EMDR therapy says, After only two sessions of my therapy, I am feeling great. Now I can stop and get on with my life. Which of the following nursing responses is most appropriate?

1. I am thrilled that you have responded so rapidly to EMDR.
  2. To achieve lasting results, all eight phases of EMDR must be completed.
  3. If I were you, I would complete the EMDR and comply with doctor's orders.
  4. How do you feel about continuing the therapy?

Question 2

Which cultural considerations should a nurse identify as reflective of Western European Americans?

1. They are present-time oriented and perceive the future as God's will.
  2. They value youth, and older adults are commonly placed in nursing homes.
  3. They are at high risk for alcoholism, because of a genetic predisposition.
  4. They are future oriented and practice preventive health care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stillxalice

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Clients often feel relief quite rapidly with EMDR. However, to achieve lasting results, it is important that each of the eight phases be completed. The nurse's most appropriate response should be to give information to correct the client's misconceptions about the therapy. In answer 3 the nurse is subjectively giving advice rather than providing objective information.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should identify that most Western European Americans are present oriented and perceive the future as God's will. Older adults are held in positions of respect and are often cared for in the home instead of in nursing homes.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library