This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client receiving EMDR therapy says, After only two sessions of my therapy, I am feeling great. Now ... (Read 53 times)

abarnes

A client receiving EMDR therapy says, After only two sessions of my therapy, I am feeling great. Now I can stop and get on with my life. Which of the following nursing responses is most appropriate?

1. I am thrilled that you have responded so rapidly to EMDR.
  2. To achieve lasting results, all eight phases of EMDR must be completed.
  3. If I were you, I would complete the EMDR and comply with doctor's orders.
  4. How do you feel about continuing the therapy?

Question 2

Which cultural considerations should a nurse identify as reflective of Western European Americans?

1. They are present-time oriented and perceive the future as God's will.
  2. They value youth, and older adults are commonly placed in nursing homes.
  3. They are at high risk for alcoholism, because of a genetic predisposition.
  4. They are future oriented and practice preventive health care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stillxalice

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Clients often feel relief quite rapidly with EMDR. However, to achieve lasting results, it is important that each of the eight phases be completed. The nurse's most appropriate response should be to give information to correct the client's misconceptions about the therapy. In answer 3 the nurse is subjectively giving advice rather than providing objective information.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The nurse should identify that most Western European Americans are present oriented and perceive the future as God's will. Older adults are held in positions of respect and are often cared for in the home instead of in nursing homes.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library