This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 16-year-old is grieving the loss of her pet dog killed by a car when he ran into the street. She ... (Read 8 times)

lak

A 16-year-old is grieving the loss of her pet dog killed by a car when he ran into the street. She states to her mother, I miss my dog so much, but I know that if I start crying, I will never stop. The fear expressed by the teen is:

1. Loss of control over her emotions
  2. Embarrassment to cry in front of her friends
  3. Of behaving immaturely
  4. Related to lack of available support

Question 2

A client asks the nurse what is meant by grief work. The nurse should explain that grief work refers to:

1. Actively seeking assistance to cope with the loss experiences
  2. Establishing new methods of coping with stress
  3. The means by which one moves through the grief process
  4. Evaluating progress made toward accepting the loss

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jane

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
The teen's statement that she will never stop indicates a control concern. The statement does not indicate embarrassment (option 2), immaturity concerns (option 3), or lack of support (option 4).

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Grief work is moving through the stages of grief (option 3). Options 1, 2, and 4 can be compo-nents of grief work, and a grieving person may or may not achieve options 1, 2, or 4 in the grief work.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

JaynaD87

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library