This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 16-year-old is grieving the loss of her pet dog killed by a car when he ran into the street. She ... (Read 7 times)

lak

A 16-year-old is grieving the loss of her pet dog killed by a car when he ran into the street. She states to her mother, I miss my dog so much, but I know that if I start crying, I will never stop. The fear expressed by the teen is:

1. Loss of control over her emotions
  2. Embarrassment to cry in front of her friends
  3. Of behaving immaturely
  4. Related to lack of available support

Question 2

A client asks the nurse what is meant by grief work. The nurse should explain that grief work refers to:

1. Actively seeking assistance to cope with the loss experiences
  2. Establishing new methods of coping with stress
  3. The means by which one moves through the grief process
  4. Evaluating progress made toward accepting the loss

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jane

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
The teen's statement that she will never stop indicates a control concern. The statement does not indicate embarrassment (option 2), immaturity concerns (option 3), or lack of support (option 4).

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Grief work is moving through the stages of grief (option 3). Options 1, 2, and 4 can be compo-nents of grief work, and a grieving person may or may not achieve options 1, 2, or 4 in the grief work.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library