This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with anorexia nervosa has refused meal trays and supplemental feedings for 3 days ... (Read 141 times)

Beheh

A client with anorexia nervosa has refused meal trays and supplemental feedings for 3 days fol-lowing admission to the general hospital. The nurse can anticipate that intervention will include:

1. IV infusions beginning immediately and continuing for 48 hours after client be-gins eating
  2. Tube feedings until the client eats 90 of all meals for 1 day
  3. Placing the client on suicide precautions and one-to-one observation
  4. Limiting peer group visitors for 2 weeks

Question 2

A client who was treated for anorexia nervosa is seen by the therapist for a follow-up visit 1 month after discharge from the hospital.

Which statement indicates that the client has met the goal Demonstrate improvement in body image with more realistic view of body shape and size?
  1. When I go shopping, I always select clothes that are several sizes too large for me.
  2. My boyfriend says I really look good now that I'm out of the hospital.
  3. I had my class picture taken, and I think it looks really good.
  4. My mother bought me a whole new wardrobe since I've been home.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
The priority is to begin refeeding, a procedure that is very threatening to the client, since she will have no control over the weight gain that will occur. Refeeding takes place using foods and flu-ids via the GI tract, rather than by the parenteral route (option 1). 3. Suicide precautions are not indicated at this point, but careful assessments will continue. 4. Visitor restriction is not as com-monly used in general hospital units as it might be on a unit accustomed to behavioral interven-tions.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Stating satisfaction with a photo of her current appearance indicates a realistic view of body shape and size. Option 1 indicates she still views her body unrealistically. Option 2 expresses her boyfriend's opinion, not her own. Option 4 does not reveal her opinion of her body.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library