This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with anorexia nervosa has refused meal trays and supplemental feedings for 3 days ... (Read 143 times)

Beheh

A client with anorexia nervosa has refused meal trays and supplemental feedings for 3 days fol-lowing admission to the general hospital. The nurse can anticipate that intervention will include:

1. IV infusions beginning immediately and continuing for 48 hours after client be-gins eating
  2. Tube feedings until the client eats 90 of all meals for 1 day
  3. Placing the client on suicide precautions and one-to-one observation
  4. Limiting peer group visitors for 2 weeks

Question 2

A client who was treated for anorexia nervosa is seen by the therapist for a follow-up visit 1 month after discharge from the hospital.

Which statement indicates that the client has met the goal Demonstrate improvement in body image with more realistic view of body shape and size?
  1. When I go shopping, I always select clothes that are several sizes too large for me.
  2. My boyfriend says I really look good now that I'm out of the hospital.
  3. I had my class picture taken, and I think it looks really good.
  4. My mother bought me a whole new wardrobe since I've been home.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
The priority is to begin refeeding, a procedure that is very threatening to the client, since she will have no control over the weight gain that will occur. Refeeding takes place using foods and flu-ids via the GI tract, rather than by the parenteral route (option 1). 3. Suicide precautions are not indicated at this point, but careful assessments will continue. 4. Visitor restriction is not as com-monly used in general hospital units as it might be on a unit accustomed to behavioral interven-tions.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Stating satisfaction with a photo of her current appearance indicates a realistic view of body shape and size. Option 1 indicates she still views her body unrealistically. Option 2 expresses her boyfriend's opinion, not her own. Option 4 does not reveal her opinion of her body.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

pangili4

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library