This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse, My husband left to go bowling with his buddies, so I had to cut my-self. ... (Read 19 times)

appyboo

The client tells the nurse, My husband left to go bowling with his buddies, so I had to cut my-self. The nurse using the SET method of communication will use as the initial response:

1. Tell me what made you think of that action.
  2. It concerns me to hear that you took that action.
  3. You should have called your psychiatrist.
  4. What can I do to help you now that you're here?

Question 2

The client tells the nurse, I thought my psychiatrist was the best doctor in the world. I thought he understood me completely. Now, I hate him He doesn't understand me at all. He's just dumping me to go on a 2-week vacation.

The nurse assesses the client's description of feelings about the physician as evidence of the use of:
  1. Splitting
  2. Projective identification
  3. Isolation of affect
  4. Dissociation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mohan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
In the SET method of communication S stands for support via a personal statement of concern. E stands for making a statement showing empathy. T stands for a truth statement used to highlight the client's responsibility for her life. The other options have no relevance to the SET method.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1
Splitting is the inability to synthesize the positive and negative aspects of self and others. It man-ifests as idealization and devaluation. Definitions of the other defenses listed do not fit the de-scription of behavior in the scenario.

appyboo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

rleezy04

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library