This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse, My husband left to go bowling with his buddies, so I had to cut my-self. ... (Read 22 times)

appyboo

The client tells the nurse, My husband left to go bowling with his buddies, so I had to cut my-self. The nurse using the SET method of communication will use as the initial response:

1. Tell me what made you think of that action.
  2. It concerns me to hear that you took that action.
  3. You should have called your psychiatrist.
  4. What can I do to help you now that you're here?

Question 2

The client tells the nurse, I thought my psychiatrist was the best doctor in the world. I thought he understood me completely. Now, I hate him He doesn't understand me at all. He's just dumping me to go on a 2-week vacation.

The nurse assesses the client's description of feelings about the physician as evidence of the use of:
  1. Splitting
  2. Projective identification
  3. Isolation of affect
  4. Dissociation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mohan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
In the SET method of communication S stands for support via a personal statement of concern. E stands for making a statement showing empathy. T stands for a truth statement used to highlight the client's responsibility for her life. The other options have no relevance to the SET method.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1
Splitting is the inability to synthesize the positive and negative aspects of self and others. It man-ifests as idealization and devaluation. Definitions of the other defenses listed do not fit the de-scription of behavior in the scenario.

appyboo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library