This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which situations would increase an individual's risk for ineffective coping related to stress? ... (Read 18 times)

danielfitts88

Which situations would increase an individual's risk for ineffective coping related to stress? Select all that apply.

a. Being over 65 years of age
  b. Being unmarried and female
  c. Having been adopted as an infant
  d. Having a history of chronic back pain
  e. Being diagnosed with both depression and hypertension

Question 2

Which assessment observations will be most influential in determining whether a patient exhibiting signs of alcohol intoxication who was brought to the emergency room by friends will be involuntarily admitted for psychiatric evaluation?

Select all that apply.
  a. The patient's earlier contact with a crisis hotline
  b. Expressing a desire, to just drive myself home
  c. Patient's admission that, I don't want to keep living like this.
  d. Uncooperative and disrespectful behavior towards the hospital staff
  e. Announcing that, my girlfriend will pay for leaving me for my best friend.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nekcihc358

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D, E
Risk factors may limit an individual's ability to cope or problem solve during stressful life events or situations. These may include the presence of concurrent or multiple biopsychoso-cial stressors, such as depression and hypertension, as well as chronic physical or psychologi-cal pain. The other options are not known to negatively impact an individual's ability to cope or problem solve.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C, E
The decision to admit this patient involuntarily is based on whether the person poses a danger to himself or herself, including sharing thoughts or threats of suicide, sharing a suicide plan, or actively using a weapon or situation to injure himself or herself; and/or whether the person poses a danger to others as evidenced by threatening another, brandishing a weapon, or dis-playing erratic or unpredictable behavior. The remaining options do not fulfill either of these conditions.

danielfitts88

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library