This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An 11-year-old child is absent from school to care for siblings while the parents work. The family ... (Read 28 times)

armygirl

An 11-year-old child is absent from school to care for siblings while the parents work. The family cannot afford a babysitter. When asked about the parents, the child reluctantly says, My parents don't like me.

They call me stupid and say I never do anything right. Which type of abuse is likely?

a. Sexual
  b. Physical
  c. Emotional
  d. Economic

Question 2

Which health care worker should be referred to critical incident stress debriefing?

a. Nurse who works at an oncology clinic where patients receive chemotherapy
  b. Case manager whose patients are seriously mentally ill and are being cared for at home
  c. Health care employee who worked 8 hours at the information desk of an intensive care unit
  d. Emergency medical technician (EMT) who treated victims of a car bombing at a department store

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dunkey

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Examples of emotional abuse include having an adult demean a child's worth or frequently criticize or belittle a child. No data support physical battering or endangerment, sexual abuse, or economic abuse.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Although each of the individuals mentioned experiences job-related stress on a daily basis, the person most in need of critical incident stress debriefing is the EMT, who experienced an adventitious crisis event by responding to a bombing and provided care to victims of trauma.

armygirl

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

AmberC1996

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library