This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As a patient admitted to the eating disorders unit undresses, a nurse observes that the patient's ... (Read 26 times)

Beheh

As a patient admitted to the eating disorders unit undresses, a nurse observes that the patient's body is covered by fine, downy hair. The patient weighs 70 pounds and is 5 feet, 4 inches tall. Which term should be documented?

a. Amenorrhea
  b. Alopecia
  c. Lanugo
  d. Stupor

Question 2

A patient being admitted to the eating disorders unit has a yellow cast to the skin and fine, downy hair covering the body. The patient weighs 70 pounds; height is 5 feet, 4 inches. The patient is quiet and says only, I won't eat until I look thin.

What is the priority initial nursing diagnosis?

a. Anxiety, related to fear of weight gain
  b. Disturbed body image, related to weight loss
  c. Ineffective coping, related to lack of conflict resolution skills
  d. Imbalanced nutrition: less than body requirements, related to self-starvation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

iman

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The fine, downy hair noted by the nurse is called lanugo. It is frequently seen in patients with anorexia nervosa. None of the other conditions can be supported by the data the nurse has gathered.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The physical assessment shows cachexia, which indicates imbalanced nutrition. Addressing the patient's self-starvation is the priority.

Beheh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library