This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient laughs while saying, My dog died yesterday. The nurse documents this behavior using what ... (Read 17 times)

renzo156

A patient laughs while saying, My dog died yesterday. The nurse documents this behavior using what terminology?

a. Autistic
  b. Ambivalence
  c. Inappropriate affect
  d. Associative looseness

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, I've been having problems with my memory. I read some information on the Internet and started taking gingko. Select the nurse's best response.

a. The Internet does not have reliable health information.
  b. More recent studies indicate that gingko does not help memory problems.
  c. SAM-e has been shown to have better effects for treating memory problems.
  d. Your memory problems are related to your mental illness. Herbs will not help.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mceravolo

Answer to Question 1

C
Speaking of a sad topic while laughing exemplifies inappropriate affect. Autism is characterized by having little concern for external reality. Ambivalence is the simultaneous presence of opposite emotions. Associative looseness is characterized by stringing unrelated topics together.

Answer to Question 2

B
Recent studies indicate that gingko does not help with cognition or memory problems. SAM-e is useful for treating mild depression. The other distracters are misleading.

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library