This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient laughs while saying, My dog died yesterday. The nurse documents this behavior using what ... (Read 18 times)

renzo156

A patient laughs while saying, My dog died yesterday. The nurse documents this behavior using what terminology?

a. Autistic
  b. Ambivalence
  c. Inappropriate affect
  d. Associative looseness

Question 2

A patient tells the nurse, I've been having problems with my memory. I read some information on the Internet and started taking gingko. Select the nurse's best response.

a. The Internet does not have reliable health information.
  b. More recent studies indicate that gingko does not help memory problems.
  c. SAM-e has been shown to have better effects for treating memory problems.
  d. Your memory problems are related to your mental illness. Herbs will not help.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mceravolo

Answer to Question 1

C
Speaking of a sad topic while laughing exemplifies inappropriate affect. Autism is characterized by having little concern for external reality. Ambivalence is the simultaneous presence of opposite emotions. Associative looseness is characterized by stringing unrelated topics together.

Answer to Question 2

B
Recent studies indicate that gingko does not help with cognition or memory problems. SAM-e is useful for treating mild depression. The other distracters are misleading.

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library