This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I want to have sex with you. Which nursing responses are appropriate? ... (Read 7 times)

abarnes

A patient tells the nurse, I want to have sex with you. Which nursing responses are appropriate? Select all that apply.

a. I will forget you said that.
  b. Your suggestion frightens me.
  c. You must keep your distance.
  d. Sex is not part of our relationship.
  e. We are here to work on your problems.

Question 2

A psychiatric aide asks, Can you give me some examples of how we provide structure for patients? The nurse should offer which suggestions? Select all that apply.

a. Set limits on destructive behavior.
  b. Direct a patient to go to a quiet place.
  c. Sit with a withdrawn, isolated patient.
  d. Distract a patient who is hallucinating.
  e. Help a patient contemplate needed change.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nikmaaacs

Answer to Question 1

D, E
The correct responses provide information to the patient about the purpose of the relationship and recognize the underlying need. The other options are ineffective.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C, D
Providing structure means that staff members meet patient needs for organizing elements in the environment to produce specific outcomes. Contemplating change is the only option that would not be considered an example of structuring.

abarnes

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library