This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I want to have sex with you. Which nursing responses are appropriate? ... (Read 8 times)

abarnes

A patient tells the nurse, I want to have sex with you. Which nursing responses are appropriate? Select all that apply.

a. I will forget you said that.
  b. Your suggestion frightens me.
  c. You must keep your distance.
  d. Sex is not part of our relationship.
  e. We are here to work on your problems.

Question 2

A psychiatric aide asks, Can you give me some examples of how we provide structure for patients? The nurse should offer which suggestions? Select all that apply.

a. Set limits on destructive behavior.
  b. Direct a patient to go to a quiet place.
  c. Sit with a withdrawn, isolated patient.
  d. Distract a patient who is hallucinating.
  e. Help a patient contemplate needed change.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nikmaaacs

Answer to Question 1

D, E
The correct responses provide information to the patient about the purpose of the relationship and recognize the underlying need. The other options are ineffective.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C, D
Providing structure means that staff members meet patient needs for organizing elements in the environment to produce specific outcomes. Contemplating change is the only option that would not be considered an example of structuring.

abarnes

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library