This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A colonoscopy is ordered. The nurse is discussing the pre- and post-procedural care with the client. ... (Read 72 times)

tiara099

A colonoscopy is ordered. The nurse is discussing the pre- and post-procedural care with the client. Which of the following statements by the client indicates the need for further teaching?

1. The procedure will only take about one hour..
   2. It might be quite painful..
   3. I will likely have medications that will make me drowsy during the test..
   4. The physician might take tissue samples for further analysis..

Question 2

How should the nurse position the patient who is to have endotracheal suctioning?

a. supine c. high Fowler's
  b. Sims' d. side-lying

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Laurenleakan

Answer to Question 1

2. It might be quite painful..

Rationale:
The colonoscopy is not a painful examination. It usually takes about an hour. The client will be given conscious sedation, which causes drowsiness. Tissue samples are often taken during colonscopies.

Answer to Question 2

C
The patient who is to have endotracheal suctioning should be in a high sitting position as seen with high Fowler's. The patient should not be lying flat or supine, in a side-lying position, or in the Sims' position.

tiara099

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library