Author Question: A 70-year-old male with diabetic peripheral neuropathy reports a burning sensation in his feet. He ... (Read 24 times)

torybrooks

A 70-year-old male with diabetic peripheral neuropathy reports a burning sensation in his feet. He also states, Those pain pills make me feel funny and they don't help my pain, so I don't take them.

Which of the following is likely to be most beneficial for treating this patient's neuropathic pain?
  a. Opioid analgesic (morphine)
  b. NSAID (ibuprofen)
  c. Antiepileptic drug (gabapentin)
  d. Narcotic analgesic with acetaminophen (hydrocodone)

Question 2

The nurse conducting a pain assessment for a patient would recognize deep somatic pain as which of the following?

a. Achy
  b. Superficial
  c. Radiating
  d. Crampy

aliotak

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C