This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with newly diagnosed diabetes is being discharged from the hospital. The patient will be ... (Read 25 times)

jc611

A patient with newly diagnosed diabetes is being discharged from the hospital. The patient will be going to an outpatient diabetic center to learn more about diet, exercise, disease management, and insulin administration.

Which statement made by the patient indicates that effective teaching can take place? a. I don't want to get sick again so I will do what is needed.
  b. I am so happy to be going home so I don't have to eat hospital food anymore.
  c. I will be glad when they find a cure for diabetes.
  d. I don't think I will need to take insulin for very long because I already feel bet-ter.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient who is to be discharged with a prescription for eye drops. The nurse knows that the patient understands how to administer eye drops correctly when the patient states that eye drops should be instilled on the:

a. sclera.
  b. cornea.
  c. conjunctival sac.
  d. area between the iris and lower eyelid.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

A
Generally teaching and learning begin when a person identifies a need for knowing or acquiring an ability to do something. Focusing on hospital food, finding a cure, and not taking medications because feeling better indicate the patient is not motivated to learn at this time.

Answer to Question 2

C
With the dominant hand resting on the patient's forehead, hold a filled medication eye dropper or ophthalmic solution approximately 1 to 2 cm ( to inch) above the conjunctival sac. Drop the prescribed number of medication drops into the conjunctival sac. Avoid instilling any form of eye medication directly onto the cornea. The cornea of the eye has many pain fibers and is thus very sensitive to anything applied to it. Place intraocular disks in the conjunctival sac so that it floats on the sclera between the iris and lower eyelid

jc611

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Wow, this really help

jackie

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library