This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with newly diagnosed diabetes is being discharged from the hospital. The patient will be ... (Read 28 times)

jc611

A patient with newly diagnosed diabetes is being discharged from the hospital. The patient will be going to an outpatient diabetic center to learn more about diet, exercise, disease management, and insulin administration.

Which statement made by the patient indicates that effective teaching can take place? a. I don't want to get sick again so I will do what is needed.
  b. I am so happy to be going home so I don't have to eat hospital food anymore.
  c. I will be glad when they find a cure for diabetes.
  d. I don't think I will need to take insulin for very long because I already feel bet-ter.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a patient who is to be discharged with a prescription for eye drops. The nurse knows that the patient understands how to administer eye drops correctly when the patient states that eye drops should be instilled on the:

a. sclera.
  b. cornea.
  c. conjunctival sac.
  d. area between the iris and lower eyelid.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

A
Generally teaching and learning begin when a person identifies a need for knowing or acquiring an ability to do something. Focusing on hospital food, finding a cure, and not taking medications because feeling better indicate the patient is not motivated to learn at this time.

Answer to Question 2

C
With the dominant hand resting on the patient's forehead, hold a filled medication eye dropper or ophthalmic solution approximately 1 to 2 cm ( to inch) above the conjunctival sac. Drop the prescribed number of medication drops into the conjunctival sac. Avoid instilling any form of eye medication directly onto the cornea. The cornea of the eye has many pain fibers and is thus very sensitive to anything applied to it. Place intraocular disks in the conjunctival sac so that it floats on the sclera between the iris and lower eyelid

jc611

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library