This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who is going home with a guaiac test. Which ... (Read 185 times)

mrsjacobs44

A nurse is providing discharge teaching for a patient who is going home with a guaiac test. Which statement by the patient indicates the need for further education?

a. If I get a positive result, I have gastrointestinal bleeding.
  b. I should not eat red meat before my examination.
  c. I should schedule to perform the examination when I am not menstruating.
  d. I will need to perform this test three times if I have a positive result.

Question 2

Which of the following institutes was developed as a result of the Wilk Report?

a. Hospital Medical Records Institute (HMRI)
  b. Statistics Canada and Health and Welfare Institute
  c. Canadian Nursing Informatics Association (CNIA)
  d. Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaykayy05

Answer to Question 1

A
A positive result does not mean GI bleeding; it could be a false positive from consuming red meat, some raw vegetables, or NSAIDs. Proper patient education is important for viable results. The patient needs to avoid certain foods to rule out a false positive. If the test is positive, the patient will need to repeat the test at least three times. Menses and hemorrhoids can also lead to false positives.

Answer to Question 2

D
The Wilk Report (National Task Force on Health Information, 1991) had a significant effect on Canadian health information, triggering the 1993 merger of the Management Information System Group, Hospital Medical Records Institute (HMRI), portions of Statistics Canada, and Health and Welfare Canada to create the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
The Hospital Medical Records Institute (HMRI) was part of the merger to form the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
Portions of Statistics Canada and Health and Welfare Canada created the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
The Canadian Nursing Informatics Association (CNIA) was not developed as a result of the Wilk Report.

mrsjacobs44

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library