This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mr. Kelly is a 56-year-old patient with COPD. He does not tolerate a supine position for sleeping. ... (Read 15 times)

bobbysung

Mr. Kelly is a 56-year-old patient with COPD. He does not tolerate a supine position for sleeping. What is the best position for the nurse to suggest for him?

A. Lateral
  B. Prone
  C. Semi-Fowler's
  D. Sims'

Question 2

A nurse has delegated the administration of a tap water enema to the assistive personnel. The assistive personnel demonstrates understanding of the procedure when she states which of the following? Select all that apply.

A. I will lower the enema when the patient complains of cramping.
  B. I will speed the enema administration when the patient complains of cramping.
  C. I will withdraw the tube when the patient complains of cramping.
  D. I will clamp the tubing when the patient complains of cramping.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Anonymous

Answer to Question 1

C
In semi-Fowler's position the head of the bed is at a 30-degree angle; you will use this position for patients who will not tolerate a supine position, such as those with cardiac and respiratory problems.

Answer to Question 2

A, D
When the enema is instilled too rapidly, the instillation will cause pain and cramping. The instil-lation should be slowed down. When a patient complains of cramping, lower the container, clamp the tube, or temporarily stop the instillation.

bobbysung

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Gracias!

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library