This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is using therapeutic communication with a patient. Which technique will the nurse use to ... (Read 52 times)

formula1

A nurse is using therapeutic communication with a patient. Which technique will the nurse use to ensure effective communication?

a. Interpersonal communication to change negative self-talk to positive self-talk
  b. Small group communication to present information to an audience
  c. Electronic communication to assess a patient in another city
  d. Intrapersonal communication to build strong teams

Question 2

A nurse is standing beside the patient's bed. Nurse: How are you doing? Patient: I don't feel good. Which element will the nurse identify as feedback?

a. Nurse
  b. Patient
  c. How are you doing?
  d. I don't feel good.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

isabelt_18

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Electronic communication is the use of technology to create ongoing relationships with patients and their health care team. Intrapersonal communication is self-talk. Interpersonal communication is one-on-one interaction between a nurse and another person that often occurs face to face. Public communication is used to present information to an audience. Small group communication is interaction that occurs when a small number of persons meet. When nurses work on committees or participate in patient care conferences, they use a small group communication process.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
I don't feel good is the feedback because the feedback is the message the receiver returns. The sender is the person who encodes and delivers the message, and the receiver is the person who receives and decodes the message. The nurse is the sender. The patient is the receiver. How are you doing? is the message.

formula1

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library