Author Question: A client is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Who is usually responsible for deciding what, when, ... (Read 11 times)

FButt

A client is diagnosed with a terminal illness. Who is usually responsible for deciding what, when, and how the client should be told?

A) Family
  B) Clergy
  C) Nurse
  D) Physician

Question 2

Kbler-Ross defines five stages of psychosocial responses to dying and death. Which of the following statements is characteristic of the bargaining stage?

A) The doctors must have made a mistake.
  B) Why did this happen to me? I always exercised.
  C) Just let me live to see my grandson born.
  D) I've had a good life and I can die in peace.

ergserg

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
In the case of a terminal illness in which death is expected within a limited space of time, the physician is usually responsible for deciding what, when, and how the client should be told. The nurse, along with members of the clergy and other health care professionals, may be involved with these decisions and in discussing the client's condition with him or her.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
In the bargaining stage of the psychosocial responses to dying and death, the client tries to bargain for more time to live. It is important to meet wishes for putting personal affairs in order and fulfilling last wishes during this time, if possible, because bargaining helps clients move into later stages of dying.