This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client newly diagnosed with a terminal illness asks to talk with the hospital chaplain and ... (Read 16 times)

A client newly diagnosed with a terminal illness asks to talk with the hospital chaplain and requests a Bible to read. What do these client behaviors indicate to the nurse?

1. The client does not have any family members to discuss spiritual issues.
  2. The client is searching for answers.
  3. The client wants to talk with someone other than the nurse about spiritual concerns.
  4. Interventions for Spiritual Distress have been effective.

Question 2

The nurse is planning to conduct a spiritual self-assessment. What questions would the nurse include in this assessment?

1. What makes me joyful?
  2. What causes me to feel despair?
  3. What possessions do I value the most?
  4. What is my purpose in life?
  5. What feeds my spirit?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

shaikhs

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: There is not enough information to determine whether the client does not have family members to discuss spiritual issues.
Rationale 2: The nurse has no way of knowing whether the client is searching for answers.
Rationale 3: Requesting to talk with a spiritual counselor does not mean that the client does not want to talk with the nurse about spiritual concerns.
Rationale 4: Requesting to talk with a spiritual counselor and desiring spiritual reading material indicate that interventions for the diagnosis of Spiritual Distress have been effective.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1, 2, 4, 5
Rationale: What makes me joyful? is a question used for spiritual self-assessment.

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library