This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is working two jobs, caring for aged parents, and maintaining a household for the family. ... (Read 37 times)

V@ndy87

A client is working two jobs, caring for aged parents, and maintaining a household for the family. The nurse realizes that this emotional stress will have what impact on the client's sleep?

1. More REM sleep.
  2. Less Stage 1 and Stage II NREM sleep.
  3. More NREM sleep.
  4. Less deep sleep and more awakenings during the night.

Question 2

The nurse, seeing a client asleep, turns off the television in the room. The client opens her eyes and says I was watching that. I wasn't sleeping. The nurse realizes that the client was demonstrating which stage of NREM sleep?

1. IV.
  2. III.
  3. II.
  4. I.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaylee05

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Chemical changes result in less REM sleep.
Rationale 2: Chemical changes result in less NREM sleep in Stages III and IV.
Rationale 3: Chemical changes affect deep and REM sleep.
Rationale 4: Stress is considered by most sleep experts to be the number one cause of short-term sleeping difficulties. A person preoccupied with personal problems might be unable to relax sufficiently to get to sleep. Anxiety increases the norepinephrine blood levels through stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system. This chemical change results in less deep and REM sleep and more stage changes and awakenings.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Stage IV is the deepest stage of sleep, and the sleeper is difficult to arouse.
Rationale 2: Stage III is a deeper stage of sleep, and the sleeper is difficult to arouse.
Rationale 3: Stage II is the stage of light sleep during which body processes continue to slow down. The eyes are generally still, the heart and respiratory rates decrease slightly, and body temperature falls. An individual in stage II requires more intense stimuli than in stage I to awaken, such as touching or shaking.
Rationale 4: Stage I is the stage of very light sleep, and lasts only a few minutes. During this stage, the person feels drowsy and relaxed, her eyes roll from side to side, and her heart and respiratory rates drop slightly. The sleeper can be readily awakened, and might deny that she was sleeping.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library