This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is confident that a client has met the developmental guidelines for a preschooler when the ... (Read 21 times)

cartlidgeashley

The nurse is confident that a client has met the developmental guidelines for a preschooler when the child:

1. Can print her own name.
  2. Proudly announces, I put my own toys away.
  3. Shares that, I know I shouldn't hit, even when I'm mad.
  4. Effectively brushes her own teeth.
  5. Washes her hands after toileting without prompting.

Question 2

A nurse shows an understanding of growth and development occurring in the first 3 weeks post-conception when discussing:

1. How the embryo has attached to the wall of the uterus.
  2. Development of the fetal membranes and the amniotic sac.
  3. How the embryo will be covered with a protective substance called vernix caseosa.
  4. How development of the fetal placenta has begun.
  5. How the embryo is covered with a soft, downy hair.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,4
Rationale 1: Development is assessed when the child is able to print letters and numbers by 5 years of age.
Rationale 2: Development is assessed when the child is able to cooperate in doing simple chores by 5 years of age.
Rationale 3: This is a developmental task more appropriate for school-age children.
Rationale 4: Development is assessed when the child is able to perform simple hygiene measures by 5 years of age.
Rationale 5: This is a developmental task more appropriate for a school-age child.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,4
Rationale 1: Events occurring concurrently during the first 3 weeks include the embryo's being implanted in the endometrium of the uterus.
Rationale 2: Events occurring concurrently during the first 3 weeks include fetal membranes' differentiating into the chorionprecursor to the placentaand the amnion, precursor to the amniotic sac.
Rationale 3: At the end of the second trimester, or 6 lunar months, a protective covering called vernix caseosa begins to develop over the skin.
Rationale 4: Events occurring concurrently during the first 3 weeks include the function of the placenta.
Rationale 5: At the end of the second trimester, or 6 lunar months, lanugoa fine downy haircovers the body.

cartlidgeashley

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library