This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A confused client needs to have restraints to prevent him from pulling out his Foley catheter. Which ... (Read 169 times)

BrownTown3

A confused client needs to have restraints to prevent him from pulling out his Foley catheter. Which of the following can the nurse delegate to the nursing assistive personnel?

1. Applying restraints
  2. Obtaining a physician's order to restrain the client
  3. Document the events that led to restraining the client
  4. Evaluating the effectiveness of the restraints

Question 2

When discussing the new mother's pending discharge from the hospital, the nurse determines that additional client teaching needs to take place because of which of the following comments?

1. My husband has installed the new car seat in the middle of the backseat of our car.
  2. I can't wait to put my baby in her new crib with the ensemble that my mom made sheets, blankets, and bumper to match.
  3. I need to place my baby on her back to sleep, right?
  4. I have checked all my baby's toys to make sure that they don't contain lead paint.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
Although the nursing assistive personnel can apply the restraints under the nurse's direction, they cannot document, evaluate, or take physician's orders.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Newborns should not be placed in cribs with loose comforters, bumper pads, etc. The middle of the back seat is the safest place to put the infant car seat. Babies should not be placed on their stomachs with their mouth and nose in close proximity to the mattress, which is associated with sudden death syndrome. Lead paint on infant toys can lead to brain damage.

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library