This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A confused client needs to have restraints to prevent him from pulling out his Foley catheter. Which ... (Read 172 times)

BrownTown3

A confused client needs to have restraints to prevent him from pulling out his Foley catheter. Which of the following can the nurse delegate to the nursing assistive personnel?

1. Applying restraints
  2. Obtaining a physician's order to restrain the client
  3. Document the events that led to restraining the client
  4. Evaluating the effectiveness of the restraints

Question 2

When discussing the new mother's pending discharge from the hospital, the nurse determines that additional client teaching needs to take place because of which of the following comments?

1. My husband has installed the new car seat in the middle of the backseat of our car.
  2. I can't wait to put my baby in her new crib with the ensemble that my mom made sheets, blankets, and bumper to match.
  3. I need to place my baby on her back to sleep, right?
  4. I have checked all my baby's toys to make sure that they don't contain lead paint.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
Although the nursing assistive personnel can apply the restraints under the nurse's direction, they cannot document, evaluate, or take physician's orders.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Newborns should not be placed in cribs with loose comforters, bumper pads, etc. The middle of the back seat is the safest place to put the infant car seat. Babies should not be placed on their stomachs with their mouth and nose in close proximity to the mattress, which is associated with sudden death syndrome. Lead paint on infant toys can lead to brain damage.

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library