This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a woman recently diagnosed with osteoporosis indi-cates ... (Read 57 times)

V@ndy87

Which of the following statements made by a woman recently diagnosed with osteoporosis indi-cates the greatest degree of readiness to begin a daily walking routine?

1. The tests showed that I have osteoporosis and need to walk.
  2. I've walked around the local park three times, and that measures 1.75 miles.
  3. My sister has this problem, and she walks one mile a day around her neighbor-hood.
  4. I can join the spa and use the treadmill when the weather gets too cold to walk outside.

Question 2

Which of the following nursing assessment questions will best determine the nature of an exer-cise-related injury?

1. Do you experience the pain during or after your workout?
  2. Tell me what is included in your typical workout routine.
  3. How long does it hurt after you have stopped exercising?
  4. On a scale of 1 to 10, please rate your postexercise pain for me.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amcvicar

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Recording baseline fitness scores such as pulse rate, how long it takes to walk 1 mile, waist cir-cumference, and body mass index are indicators of readiness. The remaining options do not show the most definite level of readiness as does actually walking.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Questions such as Describe for me your typical daily exercise routine and activity best trigger a discussion that allows for the client to offer information regarding the activities that could be re-sponsible for the injury. The remaining options are more directed toward the pain the client is experiencing.

V@ndy87

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library