This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by a postmenopausal client should the nurse evaluate as indicating the need for ... (Read 41 times)

debasdf

Which statement made by a postmenopausal client should the nurse evaluate as indicating the need for further assessment?

1. For some reason, I have more sexual desire than ever.
  2. I use water-soluble lubricant to treat my vaginal dryness.
  3. I am so glad that I don't need to worry about sex anymore.
  4. Sex certainly takes longer than it used to, but I'm getting used to that.

Question 2

A young adult single mother of a second-grade child has to make a decision regarding the teacher her child will have in third grade and asks the nurse for advice. All other variables being equal, which choice is best?

1. A woman with 35 years of teaching experience
  2. A man who is 40 years old
  3. A newly graduated 22-year-old man
  4. A 30-year-old woman

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

paavo

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: This statement reflects normal changes associated with aging and healthy responses to those changes.
Rationale 2: This statement reflects normal changes associated with aging and healthy responses to those changes.
Rationale 3: The nurse would further assess the client who made the statement, I am so glad that I don't need to worry about sex anymore. This statement is unclear. Does it mean that the client is glad not to have to engage in sex anymore, or does it mean that she will not have to worry about getting pregnant anymore?
Rationale 4: This statement reflects normal changes associated with aging and healthy responses to those changes.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: Because the child needs role modeling from both males and females, this teacher is not the best choice.
Rationale 2: If all other variables are equal, the best choice is the 40-year-old male, as this child needs role modeling from both females (the mother) and males (this teacher).
Rationale 3: Even though the child needs role modeling from both males and females, this teacher is not the best choice because of the teacher's age.
Rationale 4: Because the child needs role modeling from both males and females, this teacher is not the best choice.

debasdf

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library