This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of these statements made by a patient who has Disturbed body image is the best indicator of ... (Read 77 times)

Mollykgkg

Which of these statements made by a patient who has Disturbed body image is the best indicator of the patient's patient early acceptance of body image?

a. I just won't go to the pool this summer.
  b. I'm worried about what those other girls will think of me.
  c. I can't wear that color. It makes my hips stick out.
  d. I'll wear the blue dress. It matches my eyes.

Question 2

A nurse is providing education to a patient about self-administering subcutaneous injections. Which of these patient statements indicates that the patient understands the instructions?

a. I need to use a needle 1/2 inch longer than my thumb.
  b. I will give the medicine deep into my deltoid.
  c. My belly is a good place to give my injection.
  d. I need to throw the syringe and needle into the garbage when I am done giving myself my shot.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The nurse evaluating interventions for the diagnosis Disturbed body image is assessing for positive comments made by the patient indicating acceptance of the patient's looks and body image. The only positive comment made is that the patient is wearing the blue dress to match her eyes. The other comments do not reflect positive changes in body image.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Remember from anatomy that the skin is made up of the outer layer, called the epidermis. The second layer of skin is the dermis. The connective tissue under the dermis is called the subcutaneous tissue. This is where subcutaneous injections are given. The abdomen is a good site for subcutaneous injections because this is an area that has a lot of subcutaneous tissue. Using a needle 1/2 inch longer than a person's thumb is not an evidence-based method for measuring needle length needed for subcutaneous injection. The deltoid is a muscle, not a subcutaneous site. Disposing of needles and syringes into a garbage can creates a biomedical hazard and therefore is not appropriate.

Mollykgkg

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Laurenleakan

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library