This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a patient prescribed supplemental calcium indicates the need for additional ... (Read 32 times)

karen

Which statement by a patient prescribed supplemental calcium indicates the need for additional teaching?

a. Because I am older, my prescriber wants me to take the calcium for bone health.
  b. Once I have bone scan I will no longer need to take the calcium.
  c. I will drink vitamin D enriched milk every day to help absorb my calcium.
  d. Fish, milk, tofu, and broccoli are all good dietary sources of calcium.

Question 2

Which statement by a patient indicates the need for additional teaching?

a. I will take my multivitamin every morning with breakfast to avoid the feeling of nausea.
  b. Now that I am taking a daily multivitamin I will not have to worry about what foods I eat.
  c. If I experience any signs of allergic reaction such as rash or swelling I will contact my prescriber.
  d. My multivitamin also contains essential minerals that I need to take in every day.