This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by a patient prescribed supplemental calcium indicates the need for additional ... (Read 36 times)

karen

Which statement by a patient prescribed supplemental calcium indicates the need for additional teaching?

a. Because I am older, my prescriber wants me to take the calcium for bone health.
  b. Once I have bone scan I will no longer need to take the calcium.
  c. I will drink vitamin D enriched milk every day to help absorb my calcium.
  d. Fish, milk, tofu, and broccoli are all good dietary sources of calcium.

Question 2

Which statement by a patient indicates the need for additional teaching?

a. I will take my multivitamin every morning with breakfast to avoid the feeling of nausea.
  b. Now that I am taking a daily multivitamin I will not have to worry about what foods I eat.
  c. If I experience any signs of allergic reaction such as rash or swelling I will contact my prescriber.
  d. My multivitamin also contains essential minerals that I need to take in every day.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yahahah24021

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library