This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been taking the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) sertraline (Zoloft) ... (Read 46 times)

mpobi80

A patient has been taking the selective

serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) sertraline (Zoloft) for about 6 months. At a recent visit, she tells the nurse that she has been interested in herbal therapies and wants to start taking St. John's wort. Which response by the nurse is appropriate?
  a. That should be no problem.
  b. Good idea Hopefully you'll be able to stop taking the Zoloft.
  c. Be sure to stop taking the herb if you notice a change in side effects.
  d. Taking St. John's wort with Zoloft may cause severe interactions and is not recommended.

Question 2

A patient with the diagnosis of schizophrenia is

hospitalized and is taking a phenothiazine drug. Which statement by this patient indicates that he is experiencing a common adverse effect of phenothiazines?
  a. I can't sleep at night.
  b. I feel hungry all the time.
  c. Look at how red my hands are.
  d. My mouth has been so dry lately.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frankwu0507

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

mpobi80

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

xthemafja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library