This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a client how to use an estradiol transdermal system, the nurse determines that the ... (Read 15 times)

cagreen833

After teaching a client how to use an estradiol transdermal system, the nurse determines that the teaching was successful when the client states which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) I can put the patch on my breasts.
  B) I should rotate the sites, staying away from the same site for about a week.
  C) When I apply it, I should rub the patch vigorously for about 10 seconds.
  D) I apply the patch immediately after I open the pouch.
  E) If the area is oily or irritated, I need to avoid that area.

Question 2

A nurse identifies a nursing diagnosis of Impaired Mucous Membranes based on the client's complaints of dry mouth for a client with urge incontinence who is receiving drug therapy.

The nurse would most likely identify this nursing diagnosis as related to the use of which of the following?

A) Sildenafil
  B) Fesoterodine
  C) Dutasteride
  D) Silodosin

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Danny Ewald

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B, D
When using a transdermal system, the client should apply the system immediately after opening the pouch with the adhesive side down, applying it to the clean, dry skin of the buttocks, trunk, abdomen, upper inner thigh, or upper arm. The system should not be applied to the breasts, waistline, or a site exposed to sunlight. The area should not be oily or irritated. Once the patch is applied, the client should press on it firmly with the palm of the hand for about 10 seconds. The application site is rotated with at least 1-week intervals between applications to a particular site.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
Fesoterodine is an antispasmodic that can cause dry mouth. Sildenafil, dutasteride, and silodosin are not associated with this adverse reaction.

cagreen833

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library