This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a client who is prescribed methimazole, the nurse determines that the teaching was ... (Read 42 times)

Destiiny22

After teaching a client who is prescribed methimazole, the nurse determines that the teaching was effective when the client states which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) I need to take the drug around the clock.
  B) I should call my primary health care provider if I have a fever.
  C) I can use any over-the-counter medications if I need to.
  D) I might have some tenderness and swelling of my neck.
  E) I don't need to monitor my weight like I did before.

Question 2

After teaching a group of nursing students about thyroid drugs, the instructor determines that the teaching was successful when the students identify which of the following as an antithyroid drug? Select all that apply.

A) Propylthiouracil
  B) Levothyroxine
  C) Liotrix
  D) Desiccated thyroid
  E) Methimazole

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mochi

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B
The client taking methimazole should take the drug as prescribed around the clock and call the primary health care provider if he develops fever, sore throat, cough, easy bleeding or bruising, headache, or a general feeling of malaise. The client also needs to check with the prescriber before using any nonprescription drugs and monitor his weight twice a week, notifying the primary health care provider if there is any sudden weight gain or loss. Tenderness and swelling would be noted if the client received radioactive iodine for a procedure.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, E
Propylthiouracil and methimazole are antithyroid drugs. Levothyroxine, liotrix, and desiccated thyroid are thyroid hormone supplements.

Destiiny22

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

parker125

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library