This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a client who is prescribed methimazole, the nurse determines that the teaching was ... (Read 45 times)

Destiiny22

After teaching a client who is prescribed methimazole, the nurse determines that the teaching was effective when the client states which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) I need to take the drug around the clock.
  B) I should call my primary health care provider if I have a fever.
  C) I can use any over-the-counter medications if I need to.
  D) I might have some tenderness and swelling of my neck.
  E) I don't need to monitor my weight like I did before.

Question 2

After teaching a group of nursing students about thyroid drugs, the instructor determines that the teaching was successful when the students identify which of the following as an antithyroid drug? Select all that apply.

A) Propylthiouracil
  B) Levothyroxine
  C) Liotrix
  D) Desiccated thyroid
  E) Methimazole

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mochi

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, B
The client taking methimazole should take the drug as prescribed around the clock and call the primary health care provider if he develops fever, sore throat, cough, easy bleeding or bruising, headache, or a general feeling of malaise. The client also needs to check with the prescriber before using any nonprescription drugs and monitor his weight twice a week, notifying the primary health care provider if there is any sudden weight gain or loss. Tenderness and swelling would be noted if the client received radioactive iodine for a procedure.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, E
Propylthiouracil and methimazole are antithyroid drugs. Levothyroxine, liotrix, and desiccated thyroid are thyroid hormone supplements.

Destiiny22

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library