This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When HIV progresses to AIDS, there is a gradual destruction of the immune system, measured by: 1. ... (Read 16 times)

jhjkgdfhk

When HIV progresses to AIDS, there is a gradual destruction of the immune system, measured by:

1. decline in CD4 receptors.
  2. decline in CD4 lymphocytes.
  3. decline in platelet count.
  4. decline in red blood cells.

Question 2

The nurse determines that instruction of a client taking ganciclovir (Cytovene) is effective when the client states:

1. I can take this medication on an empty stomach.
  2. This medication is OK to take during pregnancy.
  3. I should avoid becoming pregnant while on this medication.
  4. I can stop taking the medication when my symptoms are gone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

robbielu01

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in the amount of CD4 receptors.
Rationale 2: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes.
Rationale 3: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in the platelet count.
Rationale 4: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in red blood cells.
Global Rationale: Progression to AIDS is characterized by gradual destruction of the immune system, as measured by the steady decline in the number of CD4 lymphocytes. Progression is not measured by the amount of CD4 receptors, platelet count or red blood cell count.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: Ganciclovir should be taken with food.
Rationale 2: Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy.
Rationale 3: This response is correct. Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy.
Rationale 4: Clients should talk with their doctor before stopping the medication, as it may need to be taken even after symptoms subside.
Global Rationale: An adverse effect of ganciclovir is bone marrow suppression, which can manifest as anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, or pancytopenia. As a result, clients should inform their health care provider of signs of illness to prevent further decrease in lab levels. Ganciclovir should be taken with food. Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy. Clients should talk with their doctor before stopping the medication, as it may need to be taken even after symptoms subside.

jhjkgdfhk

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

triiciiaa

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library